Rechercher dans ce blog

Thursday 20 May 2021

Genuine Lenovo Thinkpad X230i Battery problem - Internal Hardware - BleepingComputer

lenovo.indah.link

Hello all. I hope you are well :)

I'm having problems with an old Lenovo Thinkpad X230i. It was having numerous issues and I've actually resolved pretty much everything in it (both software and hardware wise), except for that gosh darn battery. The battery itself is from 2013, I admit, so I decided to open up minding the circuitry of course, and removed the old long dead batteries, and replaced them with the new ones. At that point, the battery went from "Error" to "0% Battery remaining" when I turn on the laptop, and I wish it would just end there and the batteries would be accepted. But noooooooo!!! <sarcastic tone> Lenovo had to create their laptop batteries such that if their batteries die, you have to perform an elongated process of circuit manipulation just so that you can get an output from the "circuit" by having to bypass the BMS circuit. Here is what I've tried:

- Completely discharge the newly bought batteries, and recharge them completely

- Bypass the BMS circuit (it's that circuit that looks like it has three horizontal metal rods, as if someone is trying to create the silver version of a Y-Wing bomber).

- Bypass the BMS by giving a direct voltage to the output pin of the circuit (unfortunately, it wouldn't hold. The internal circuit wouldn't "self-latch")

- Try to reset that R005 Chip (even though technically, I couldn't find the pins themselves and I did a direct short-circuit on the chip itself. I honestly don't know if it did reset), to reset the power cycle count.

I'm ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS still getting that same exact error: 

The battery has failed due to normal wear. The battery cannot be charged. Replace the battery.

I KNOW the circuit itself is fine, I just want to figure out the process of resetting this garbage Lenovo purposely designed because if I'm going to order from abroad (I live in a third world country that suffers greatly from hyperinflation at the moment, and even if it wasn't the case, NONE of the sites I visit deliver to my country, or if they do, they would ask for ridiculously large amounts of money just for delivery, which none of our bank doesn't even allow in the first place, as they blocked all transfers to outside the country if $ is included).

So yea. I'm stuck with a genuine laptop battery that isn't even willing to operate "just because". Is there ANYTHING I can do to revive this circuit, to reset it? I looked online and tried many things (as you saw above) but none worked, unfortunately. The pictures of the circuit are below. That black wire that you see is my bypass to the output from the positive of the battery. I actually had to solder it that way. 

Attached Files


The Link Lonk


May 20, 2021 at 09:25PM
https://ift.tt/2RybKi6

Genuine Lenovo Thinkpad X230i Battery problem - Internal Hardware - BleepingComputer

https://ift.tt/2ZUAnWs
Lenovo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

[MWC 2021] New Lenovo Yoga Tab Android tablets take home entertainment to the next level - Techaeris

lenovo.indah.link Over the past few days, we’ve brought you the latest in MWC 2021 news. Virtual once again this year, the news is still c...

Popular Posts